Friends of Distinction sang a song called,
"Going in Circles." It says: “you got me going in circles, oh, oh,
oh, oh round and round I go, I'm spun out over you.” Some days that is how I
feel. I’m spun out over myself. I have my mind going in circles and a mile a
minute all the time. I am not looking to stop the spinning but at least, slow it down. I often think about
what people would think if they lived in my head? The stories I spin, construct,
and manufacture. I can hardly deal with myself sometimes. My issues is that I can’t just live my life one day at a
time. I have to be one step ahead, have to plan,
rehearse conversations and possible
outcomes. I am sure this must be the sign of a mad person.
I have tried to stop myself
but I have not succeeded. My over active imagination continues to take over 98% of the time. Things were not too
bad when the plays in my mind were happy and looking forward to great times.
Now that the times are not so good I live in a theater of pain. When I say pain
I mean real pain, heart hurting, tears, anxiety, and all the comes with these
emotions. Why must life be so complicated? I thought once I got to a certain age it
would be all downhill, smooth sailing. I thought life would be gravy. Life
should not be this hard at 40! Right? I am trying not to look at the Joneses
and hope for their lives. I am trying to be realistic with what is happening in
my life today. I just know that this is not where I pictured myself in my 40s,
far from it.
I try to give advice to other people, especially
if they are younger than me. I do not want them to make the same mistakes I
have. I wish that I could stop people from going down the wrong road. Sometimes
I am anxious when I see people headed down the wrong path. I am overly
emotional and I take on other people’s issues. I know we all have to have
experiences in order to learn and grow, my mind gets that part. However, my
heart wonders why could we just learn from reading a book or Iyanla Vanzant quotes.
I guess that is why the self-help industry is a billion dollar industry. We are
all looking for the shortest road to get through painful situations and the Cliff
Notes to growth. I hate being in this place, this painful place of unknown. I
am not sure where my joyful little Darilis has gone, but I miss her.
Knowing where I am at helps,
but it does not make it easier. I need to slow down my mind which is the hard
part. I need to stop crafting stories and productions and take my life one day
at a time. I need to evaluate what is happening and make a decision in facts. I
am ready for joyfulness again. I think that decisions based in reality, not in
imagining what could happen, is where I need to head
towards. I do not have to choreograph my words, just be in the moment
and have a genuine reaction to what happens on that given day. No more going in
circles, only straight lines (A to B). We will see what tomorrow brings and if
I can reduce the spin.



No comments:
Post a Comment