I have always been a very positive person. I see the glass half full filled with a chocolate shake topped with whip cream. I am not sure why I am so positive or when it started but I have been this way as far back as I can remember. Even in my hardest, more difficult times, I go back to what I know, positivity and faithfulness.
As of late, I have not been as positive as I have been in the past. I have days where I feel good but many others have been down and sad. I think the difference from other times is that there have been more consecutive days that I have been down. The past two years have been tougher emotionally than usual. I always say it is easier to be fiscally tired than emotionally tired. But it is a new year and I am ready to get back to me and my happy, positive self. It has been two years too long of being down and sad. I have always been positive and I am not going to change, or allow circumstances or people to change, me and who I am at my core.
One way I am looking to improve my positivity is by going out more and being around good people. I have been on the reclusive side these past couple of years and it has taken a lot to go out the few times I have. I am an extrovert and I feed from others and their energy. I realize that friends and hanging out have been missing from my life. The first step towards change started today when I went out to breakfast with some friends and started making plans to go dancing next weekend. This is the start I needed to my year because I am beyond ready to have fun. Last year I had moments when I tried to think of a time when I laughed from the belly with pure joy and I was truly hard pressed to think of when that was. This will be rectified in 2016.
Life is beautiful and there is joy in the darkest of times. We just have to be willing to look for it. I am going to work on looking for beauty, joy, goodness, passion, drive, opportunity, and everything positive that I can possibly find each and every day. I see it in my daughter who laughs from her soul. Her smile, her eyes, the way she throws her head back, it is all beautiful. I want to preserve that joy in her for as long as possible. I bought her rainbow ribbons and we danced around the living room last week. It was simple, silly fun and I look forward to more of that. When I tell her stories, or when we are driving and we are talking about things going around us I try to be as animated as possible so that she will laugh and enjoy herself. We have a good time the majority of the time because I am purposeful when it comes to bringing her joy. I can’t protect her from everything but I am trying to build her up in confidence and in positivity so that she can be as prepared as possible for the world out there. I am blessed to see another year, but, even more, blessed to have a do-over and go back to my positive root. I do not plan to squander my opportunity.



No comments:
Post a Comment