Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Training - Help Me Baby Jesus

My birthday is coming up in February and I decided that I am going to run a 10k. The issue is that I trained for a 5K back in August 2015 and I did not do anything else after that. I started training again at the end of 2015 and it has been a slow go not to mention that I took last week off which did not help. Today was brutal, my body hurts. I am over it all ready. I keep telling myself that I will feel so accomplished at the end of the race on February 27th. However, that does not stop my body from hating me.

I do not like running on a treadmill which means I have to hit the rainy, cold mean streets of Oregon. J Now that the rain and cold is upon me I had to get used to running outside in these conditions. I had to get new gym shoes because I needed something that was water resistant. Now that is getting darker earlier I had to make sure I had reflective gear so that cars are able to see me. So far it has been pretty good. There was one run where I was getting rained on pretty bad and I ran right into a puddle so my feet got soaking wet. It was a good run in spite of the rain and soggy socks.

The problem that I am facing now is that after taking last week off I am really out of it. I really feel it on my knees today which had not been the case previously. I have to stay motivated. My training will be completed right up the date of the race so I do not have time to get sick or be off anymore. I am praying it will all work out. At the end of the day the run does not have to be pretty it just has to be done. Right now I am running for 28 minutes and I can’t even imagine what it will be like to run for an hour and a half. I hate running! But, it is good for me. I do like the feeling of being done. I hope my inner runner takes over and fills my heart with love for running. She has not kicked in yet!

Because I am a gluten for punishment I also signed up for a 2016 challenge to walk/run 1,000 miles this year. I did the math and I have to do at least 3 miles a day. However, because I was being lazy this past week there were a couple of days that I did not make it to 2 miles. I have got to step my run/walk game up. The good thing is that I ran today I have over six miles between my running and walking.

I have been searching for things to do that are just for me. Why did I pick running I do not know? I think I should have taken a ceramic class instead. J I do need to improve my health so I hope that as I get more comfortable and used to running it can be something that I can do long term. My next step is to address my eating habits. I think that exercising regularly and eating right is the perfect combination, I just need to get there. Here is to a healthy 2016!




No comments:

Post a Comment