Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Power to Be

I love quotes and motivational sayings. I seek them to get motivation and to offer motivation. I was on Facebook a while back and someone posted about how people who post quotes and uplifting saying have a lower intellect (or something to that effect). I have a PhD so I don’t think I have a low intellect, but I like the quotes and sayings nonetheless J It does not mean that boiling a situation to a bite size morsel of wisdom makes thing easier but they can be helpful and inspirational.

My favorite quote is: “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer” by Albert Camus. It reaffirms that no matter what you are facing, you have the power to succeed, or improve, or make it less bad. There are times when I get ready for work and the best that I can do with my close is get them less wrinkled. As such, sometimes all you can do in certain situations is make it less bad (it counts).

There are times when my flame is almost out, one slight wind can extinguish it. However, turning to uplifting words reminds me to keep moving forward and/or it helps me change my perception. I am also a believer that everything happens for a reason. So if I read a quote on Facebook or find a saying that speaks to me I stop to think, is this a message? Is God trying to tell me something, because it was not an accident that I read what I read at that particular time?

I love quotes and saying so much that I have also created my own jpgs. I found pictures that I felt went along with the messages and placed the quotes on them. Some I have even printed out and posted on my wall. I am a glass half full kind of person, which is likely why I like quotes so much. I used to write my favorites in notebooks. I have hundreds of them about love, life, leadership, family, friendship, you name it. I need to find those notebooks, I am at a place where I could use some reinforcement in the word department.

I watched a movie trailer today about Jesse Owens, four-time Olympic gold medalist. The trailer depicted his life and how he got to the 1936 Summer Olympics in Germany. I sat there in awe of his life and what he went through. It also made me think of my life and how it would likely be one of the most boring movies ever. I was hard pressed to think of movie worthy highlights that would draw people to the box office. It also made me think that I really need to step up my life game up for the next 40 or 50 years and go out with a bang. Maybe I can write that book I have been talking about and then people can quote me. They can use my words to draw motivation from and to once again fan their almost extinguished flame. Just maybe!







No comments:

Post a Comment