2016
is here and I am filled with emotions. I feel in my core that this is going to
be a year of change. I am trying to be open, trying to not freak out, and trying
to focus on God’s favor! 2015 was a tough year in many ways. It had highs and
it had lows but the lows felt very sad, stressful, and anxious and I am certainly
glad those days have passed. I am ready for change, as ready as I will ever be.
My 2016 to do list is long. I am training to run a 10k for my birthday at the
end of February. I am ready for 42 (I think J). I also signed up for a
challenge for the year where I am to walk/run/crawl to a 1,000 miles in 2016,
and I have 3.21 as of day one which means I need to step my game up. I am also
planning to turn my dissertation into an article and I want to work with my
daughter to do a children books. I want to tap into her 7 year-old creativity. Lastly, I am going to try (again) to take a picture a day for the next 365 days.
I
want to spend this year thinking about my health and my career. I need to take
the “putting your mask on first” mentality to heart. Like many women, I often
put myself last, thinking of others’ needs and desires first. This year I need
to push myself to prioritize me. I am blessed that I started this year fairly
healthy, loved, safe, gainfully employed, with a place to rest my head. I am
very blessed and I want to live in joy and blessings this year. I do not want
to be negative, or worry as much as I did last year and I am very ready to
return to the old happy me that I know and love. I truly believe to achieve
these goals it will require for me to prioritize me.
I
am also looking to be of assistance to others. I recognize that my true joy
lies in helping and giving to others but I have not done as much as I have in
past years. I am ready to get back to service and helping family and friends. I
hope that God gives me the right words when the time calls so that I can be of
assistance and/or comfort to others.
It
is so interesting how I ended last year and started 2016. What a difference 24
four hour make, or in my case what a difference 10 hours made. I was sad ending
2015. I felt so uncertain. I wanted to be in a different place at the close of
2015 and that did not happen. However, before going to bed shortly after
midnight, and officially January 1, 2016, I was trying to fix something and it
worked out smoothly. It was a small win that brought a smile to my face and in
that moment I chose to be grateful and focus on my successes versus what is not
“going right.”
I
woke up with joy in my heart this morning and feel good about the year to come.
I am still scared with what is ahead of me. I have never been good with the unknown
but I am not dreading it. I started my day in prayer and reflection and I
believe in God’s love and favor. I am going to work very hard this year in
letting go and letting God. I do not want to live in worry. I am ready to live
in joy and to spread joy to others. Hello 2016! J



No comments:
Post a Comment